Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Lawyers in NJ, NYC & PA
The Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Team at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer is experienced in all aspects of debtor/creditor law, creditors' rights and bankruptcy practice. The team represents a myriad of interested parties in distressed financial situations and works collaboratively with our clients to find viable solutions for financially troubled businesses and individuals and their creditors.
Our Bankruptcy Services
The bankruptcy lawyers represents clients in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware and throughout the United States who are involved in such creditors' rights and bankruptcy matters as:
- Loan restructurings, workouts and other alternatives to bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganizations
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidations
- Acquisition of assets from financially distressed individuals and companies
- Bankruptcy and creditors' rights-related litigation in both state and federal courts
- Asset recoveries and foreclosures
- Insurance insolvencies
Our bankruptcy and creditors' rights lawyers also represent clients in handling distressed debt situations through out-of-court workouts, court-administered restructurings, collection and foreclosure services, and in a host of bankruptcy-related matters, including:
- Bankruptcy asset sales
- Automatic stay litigation
- Assumption or rejection of contracts and real estate leases
- Post-petition financing and cash collateral issues
- Objections to debtor discharges
- Preference and fraudulent transfer litigation
- Environmental issues
- Intellectual property matters
- Real estate lessor and lessee concerns
The team in NJ, NYC and PA draws not only upon its own bankruptcy and creditors' rights expertise, but also that of the firm's Financial Services, Corporate, Healthcare, Litigation, Real Estate, Tax, Construction, Environmental and Public Finance Teams in representing a wide range of clients. The firm and the team have earned both a regional and nationwide reputation for the representation of debtors, secured creditors (including leading financial institutions), creditors’ committees, receivers, trustees, property managers, landlords, equipment lessors, franchisors and governmental agencies in insolvency and bankruptcy matters.
Our Bankruptcy Lawyers
The resources of the Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Team at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer and their network of offices, with over 100 attorneys, enables this team to serve and meet the needs of any party — whether a significant financial institution, large or small corporate entity, or an individual — handling issues that arise in matters involving financial distress and insolvency in an effective and timely manner. You can contact us today or call
Articles & Publications:
- State Court Decision Lightens the Load of the Fair Foreclosure Act on Lenders
- The New Jersey "Foreclosure Rescue Fraud Prevention Act"
- Buyer Beware? A Tax Sale Certificate Claim May Not Be a “Tax Claim” in the Property Owner’s Bankruptcy Case.