Civil Rights Defense Lawyer in NJ
The Criminal Law/Civil Rights Team at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer has one of the most well-established state and federal practices in New Jersey. The attorneys on this team include former assistant county prosecutors and deputy attorneys general who have distinguished themselves in difficult and highly publicized cases.
Civil Rights and Other Litigation Arising out of Law Enforcement
Civil Rights litigation is a hot button issue in our society today. When there is a legitimate violation of a person's civil rights, resulting in clear damages, this firm is there to vindicate those rights and then secure compensation for the losses that occur. Attorneys from our team have litigated civil rights cases resulting in multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
This firm also represents law enforcement officers in claims, many of which are marginal, that are brought into our federal and state courts. This firm has represented state, county and municipal entities and individual state troopers and municipal police officers from incidents arising out of the course of their duties. Several members of the team are approved members of the PBA and FOP Legal Defense Plans.
Representation is available for:
- Those damaged or seriously injured as a result of violations of civil rights
- State, county, and municipal entities and officials in defense of lawsuits alleging civil rights violations
- Criminal investigation and defense of law enforcement officers
- Defending public employees, including police officers, in administrative disciplinary actions
- Defending public employees pension forfeiture proceedings
Areas of Focus:
- Civil Rights Defense
- Defense of Serious Criminal Charges
- Domestic Violence Defense
- Insurance Fraud Defense
- Juvenile and Family Court Cases/Cases Involving Mental Health Issues
- Municipal Court Practice and Drunk Driving Defense
- Parole Planning, Revocation, and Appeals
- White Collar Criminal Defense
The Criminal Team has at its immediate access for consultation, the sound counsel of:
Alan B. Handler, Former Associate Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court