Daniel S. Bernheim III - Litigation Attorney in PA
U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1980
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Tax Court, 1985
LLM., Temple University School of Law, 1994
J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1980
University of Pennsylvania, 1976
Daniel S. Bernheim, III, the Managing Shareholder of the firm’s Philadelphia office, is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Villanova University School of Law in 1980. In 1993, he was one of the nation's first to obtain an LL.M. in Trial Advocacy from Temple University School of Law. Mr. Bernheim has had extensive trial and appellate experience in state and federal court, including U.S. tax court and bankruptcy court. The focus of his practice is in commercial litigation, representing financial institutions in creditors’ rights and consumer finance matters. In addition, Dan has extensive experience in real estate related litigation, shareholder disputes, professional liability (legal malpractice), restrictive covenant and trade secret litigation. Dan is also retained as an expert witness in professional liability matters and wrongful use of civil proceedings.
Lectures and Seminars:
- Negotiable Instruments and Check Fraud, Pennsylvania Bankers Association, 1993.
- Check Fraud under Articles 3 and 4 of the Pennsylvania Uniform Commercial Code,
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 1994.
- Emerging Trends in Pennsylvania Commercial Collections, National Business Institute, 2001.
- Successful Judgment Collection in Pennsylvania, National Business Institute, 2002-2005.
- Collecting Debts: Tips and Strategies to Legally Get What You are Owed. National Business
- Institute, 2006.
- Predatory Lending, National Business Institute, 2009.
- Pennsylvania Collection Law, National Business Institute, 2010.
- Deal Documents in Litigation, Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2011, 2013, 2015.
- Recent Developments in Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2015.
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Settlement and Discovery Master
- State Civil Judicial Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Supreme Court Rules Subcommittee for Confession of Judgment
- Expert Witness for Professional Liability Claims
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list, 2004, 2006-2015
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® list 2008 National Corporate Counsel
- Philadelphia VIP’s Chancellor Award 2001
Community Service and Civic Association:
- Commissioner Lower Merion Township, 2011-present
President of Board of Commissioners
- Montgomery County Township Commissioner Association
- Lower Merion Fire Department, Board of Directors
- Timber Trails Community Association
President, Board of Directors