Eric Finkelstein - Real Estate Lawyer in NJ
New Jersey, 2007
New York, 2009
J.D, Rutgers University-Newark, 2007
B.A., Boston University, 2002
Eric Finkelstein is an Associate in the Real Estate and Redevelopment group at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. He represents clients in connection with retail, office and industrial warehouse leasing, property acquisitions and sales, commercial lending and condominium development, construction agreements, boundary disputes as well as regulatory compliance with various state agencies.
A seasoned commercial real estate attorney, Eric has helped local, regional and national businesses navigate a wide variety of complex property transactions by combining his extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the commercial real estate landscape with a personable client approach. Conscious that each real estate transaction carries a unique set of business factors, Eric develops a synergy between clients’ objectives and expected transactional hurdles, such as adversarial negotiations and financial prudence, by prioritizing an early dialogue with his clients.
- Ongoing lead counsel for a regional landlord in the negotiation and enforcement of lease agreements for client’s three million square foot portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties.
- Completed the purchase of a client’s multi-tenanted office complex for $13 million.
- Completed the sale of client’s ninety acre complex containing former steel mill for $20 million to redeveloper that involved significant environmental cleanup and complex title issues.
- Developed public offering plan and accompanying documents for regulatory approval of a $30 million residential condominium development along the New Jersey shore.
- Negotiated ground lease for development of $7 million community arts center as a component of a larger community redevelopment project.
- Negotiated medical office lease for client’s 7,500 square foot surgery center, which included substantial fit-out and operational covenants.
Awards and Recognitions:
Eric was recognized as a “Rising Star” at the Georgetown Law Advance Commercial Leasing Institute in 2015.