Eric Finkelstein - Real Estate Lawyer in NJ
New Jersey, 2007
New York, 2009
B.A., Boston University, 2002
J.D, Rutgers University-Newark, 2007
Eric Finkelstein is a seasoned commercial real estate attorney who builds on his experience representing local, regional and nationally recognized businesses to navigate a wide variety of complex property transactions on behalf of the firm’s diverse client base. Eric’s practice includes retail, office and industrial warehouse leasing where he represents both landlords and tenants; acquisitions and sales; commercial lending and condominium development and regulatory compliance. His depth of knowledge and experience coupled with a personable approach with his clients places Eric at the collaborative center of significant firm-wide matters ranging from a medical practitioner’s purchase of their office space to an industrial landowner’s disposal of environmentally contaminated property.
"In the commercial real estate landscape, each transaction carries a unique set of business driven factors. I prioritize an early dialogue with my clients to understand these factors and to develop a synergy between a client’s objectives and the expected transactional hurdles: adversarial negotiations, regulatory compliance and financial prudence."
- Ongoing lead counsel for a regional landlord in the negotiation and enforcement of lease agreements for client’s three million square foot portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties.
- Developed public offering plan and accompanying documents for regulatory approval of a $30,000,000 residential condominium development along the New Jersey shore.
- Completed the sale of client’s ninety acre complex containing former steel mill for $20,000,000 to redeveloper that involved significant environmental cleanup and complex title issues.
- Negotiated ground lease for development of $7,000,000 community arts center as a component of a larger community redevelopment project.
- Negotiated medical office lease for client’s 7,500 square foot surgery center, which included substantial fit-out and operational covenants.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Eric was recognized as a “Rising Star” at the Georgetown Law Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute, 2015