John P. Murdoch II – Monmouth County, NJ HIPAA and Healthcare Attorney
New Jersey, 1999
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1999
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1999
B.A., Kean University, 1992
John P. Murdoch is Counsel in the Corporate and Healthcare teams at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. Since joining Wilentz in 2000, Mr. Murdoch has focused his practice in the healthcare and general corporate sector, providing representation in connection with a range of transactions and regulatory matters.
Mr. Murdoch represents physicians, mental health professionals, physical therapists and other healthcare business operators, including hospitals, surgery centers, hospice organizations, nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, medical billing companies and management service organizations in a wide range of transactions and regulatory compliance, especially with respect to privacy issues and the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). He has a long history of helping his clients to navigate a range of sensitive patient concerns involving life-saving treatments and related concerns.
On the regulatory side, Mr. Murdoch publishes weekly privacy compliance e-mails known as “Murdoch’s Monday Morning Memos” for his clients that provide guidance for complying with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules as well as other applicable privacy and security requirements. He also provides on-site compliance audits and helps organizations to develop policies and procedures and compliance training programs required by the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
Mr. Murdoch is a frequent speaker on insurance fraud, healthcare fraud, HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and regulatory compliance to various healthcare professionals, business and community groups.
Prior to joining Wilentz, Mr. Murdoch served as special assistant to the Honorable Karen L. Suter, Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance. He also served as a state insurance fraud investigator in the Department of Banking and Insurance from 1993 - 1999.
Mr. Murdoch is an active member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Health Law Section. He is also an Eagle Scout.
- Am I At Risk?
- Beware: Proposals to assist physicians in acquiring EMR software may be illegal!
- Does Your Business Have To Comply With HIPAA?
- FTC Delays Red Flag Rule Enforcement Until November 1st.
- Health Care Law
- HIPAA Alert - Caution! Deadline is September 23, 2013
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Impacts Lawyers Across the Board
- Lost Laptops or PDAs? How to Limit Your Exposure Under HIPAA
- New Jersey Expands Reporting Requirements to Include Immunity Provisions
- New Jersey Healthcare Regulatory Update - April 2014
- Physician Practice Employment Agreements & Restrictive Covenants
- Privacy and Security Becoming More Increasingly Critical
- Should I Form An Entity For My Business?
- Should I Purchase A Franchise?
- The HIPAA Security Regulations: What Physician Practices Should Be Doing Now!