Attend Your Practice Has Been Shut Down Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19): Now What? to learn about important changes to employment law, designed to help you to make informed decisions about your workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Wilentz Employment Law Webinar: Your Practice has been Shut Down Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19): Now What?
Date: April 14, 2020 | 1:00 - 2:15 PM EST
How/Do You Retain Your Employees?
Weighing the Options
- If No – “Furlough”? Lay off? Terminate? (Contract Issues)
- If Yes – Full-Time: Keep on payroll? | Part-Time: Partial payroll? (Exempt/Non-Exempt Issues)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Employee Retention Options
- Obligations to Retained Employees
- Impact of CARES Act on Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Unemployment Options
- Options Regarding Health Insurance Coverage
As an Employer, What Does it Mean to Have Retained Employees Beyond April 1, 2020?
- Understanding the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (in effect until December 31, 2020)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Extended FMLA
- Documentation/Tax Credit