Wilentz is recognized as New Jersey’s premier law firm to represent victims of childhood sexual abuse. We have represented countless victims of childhood abuse in cases against individual offenders and the institutions that have harbored them. According to a New York Times article, a survey from the Center for the Prevention of Sexual & Domestic Violence found that up to 15% of clergy members in all religious groups have engaged in some inappropriate sexual conduct.

Clergy and school sexual abuse and clergy and educator sexual misconduct are problems that span race, gender and faith. For years the media has exposed incidents of clergy members and educators who had abused children and adolescents in their care. 

We are dedicated, resourceful and relentless, but the virtue that truly sets us apart is our compassion. At Wilentz, we are sensitive to the trauma experienced by sexual abuse victims and survivors. While nothing can turn back the clock to undo the harm that a sexual abuser inflicts, our civil legal system provides only one remedy under New Jersey law: monetary compensation. We have been successful in obtaining compensation for victims and survivors and successfully represented clients in these matters against the Archdiocese of Trenton, private schools and institutions. Seeking justice for survivors of childhood abuse is more than a job. It’s our cause.

Too often, adults who had been sexually abused in their youth by clergy members believe that it is too late to file suit or seek compensation when they come forward later in life. Our law firm has been working to change the law in New Jersey to help bring restitution and resolution to victims of clergy abuse. Through our efforts, the law in New Jersey has changed. Our courts now recognize that charitable institutions are not immune from suit and that the statute of limitations may be tolled for certain types of childhood sexual abuse.

Be empowered, come forward, empower others, let us help you obtain justice. You do not have to suffer in silence, we are here to help. You can request your free case consultation by calling our offices directly, or by filling out our contact form below.