Grace D. Mack - Business and Healthcare Law Attorney
New Jersey, 1984
New York, 1985
LL.M in Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1987
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, 1984
B.A., Rutgers-Newark College of Arts & Science with High Honors, 1981, Phi Beta Kappa
Grace D. Mack is a shareholder with Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A. and practices with the Healthcare Team and the Business Law Team. As a member of the Healthcare Team, Ms. Mack represents and provides healthcare-related advice to physicians, professional practices, ambulatory surgery centers, laboratories and other health care providers and businesses.
In the business law area, Ms. Mack focuses on general corporate law and corporate counseling. She has significant experience in stock and asset acquisitions and sales. In addition, she has experience in drafting, negotiation and providing legal consultation and document review to business entities of all sizes.
Ms. Mack lectures on behalf of the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education and has published articles in many periodicals, including the New Jersey Law Journal. She moderated and spoke on Telemedicine at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education Seminar: Representing Physicians Update 2015. Ms. Mack also authored Chapter 13 in the American Health Lawyers Association ACO Handbook on How State Law Issues May Affect ACOs.
Ms. Mack is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Health and Hospital Law Section and the American Health Lawyers’Association (“AHLA”).
Ms. Mack was a Member of the Board of Directors, Pathways to Independence, Inc. (Formerly West Hudson Council for the Handicapped) in Kearny, N.J. from 1992-2000.
She also served on the New Jersey Supreme Court District XII Attorney Ethics Committee, Member (2000-2001),Vice-Chair (2002- 2003) and Chair (2003-2004).
Ms. Mack was selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers®- in Health Law in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Area of Emphasis:
- 10 Steps to Take Before Terminating a Physician-Patient Relationship
- CMS Finally Publishes the Final Rule on Returning Medicare Overpayments
- Here Comes the Sunshine Act
- Introducing Stark Phase V
- New Jersey Board of Dentistry Extends Deliberation on the Corporate Practice of Dentistry Rules Until November 3, 2014
- NJ Project Medicine Drop
- OIG Issues “Special Fraud Alert” on Lab Payments for Specimen Processing and Data Registry
- OIG Issues Alert on Physician Compensation and Medical Director Arrangements
- SURPRISE!!! The NJ Out-of-Network Consumer Protection, Transparency, Cost Containment, and Accountability Act Goes Forward and Stalls