Healthcare Attorneys at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer
The provision of health services has become ever more affected by regulation. Our team of healthcare attorneys at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer has been active in helping our healthcare clients operate in this changing environment.
Services for Healthcare Businesses
Our team advises clients on the formation and structure of the entities listed below and on joint ventures, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. Our attorneys also handle all aspects of sales, purchases, mergers and acquisitions of healthcare entities, and related licensure issues.
We work with healthcare professionals and hospitals to create mutually beneficial joint ventures. Development of such ventures includes analysis of tax, antitrust and regulatory issues, as well as the negotiation and preparation of documentation evidencing both the transaction and the ongoing relationships between the parties.
We negotiate provider agreements between healthcare providers and third-party payers, including HMOs, PPOs, IPAs, PHOs, PSOs and other managed care organizations.
The legal rights and responsibilities of healthcare providers have also been a focus of the team's practice. We represent physicians before hospital boards regarding the limitation or withdrawal of privileges. We represent various healthcare professionals who have been charged with violations of the law or who have been subjected to investigations by New Jersey professional boards. We also handle matters in connection with the National Practitioner Data Bank.
We advise on and design compliance programs for federal and state statutes and regulations, including fraud and abuse (anti-kickback), Stark, Codey, HIPAA, and HITECH Medicare and Medicaid and the corporate practice of medicine doctrine.
Construction of new healthcare facilities today involves a multi-faceted scheme of legal and financial activities. Representing both purchasers, sellers, joint ventures and borrowers, our team is actively involved in the negotiation and preparation of agreements for the acquisition and sale of both expanded and new healthcare facilities, including nursing homes and extended care facilities.
Our team has also served as underwriter's counsel in connection with financings through the New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority (NJHCFFA). In that capacity, we conduct due diligence review regarding the operations and financial status of healthcare institutions for the purpose of preparing the offering prospectus.
Our Team of Healthcare Business Attorneys represents:
- Healthcare professionals
- Healthcare group practices
- Ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs)
- Healthcare facilities (including MRI & CT)
- Managed Care Organizations (MCOs)
- Physician Practice Management Companies (PPMCS)
- Management Service Organizations (MSOs)
- Physician Sponsored Organizations (PSOs)
- Independent Physician Associations (IPAs)
- Physician-Hospital Organizations (PHOs)
Call now and speak with an attorney who has extensive experience in New Jersey healthcare business matters: 1.855.WILENTZ
- Kevin M. Berry
- Angelo J. Cifaldi
- Gordon J. Golum
- Peter A. Greenbaum
- Brett R. Harris
- Lynne M. Kizis
- Jon G. Kupilik
- Alyson M. Leone
- Douglas Watson Lubic
- Grace D. Mack
- Kevin P. Roddy
- Michael F. Schaff
Articles & Publications:
- Physician Affiliations With Hospitals: Practical Tips for the Physician Practice When Entering Into a PSA
- Privacy and Security Becoming More Increasingly Critical
- New Jersey Healthcare Regulatory Update - April 2014
- Issues & Cautions Associated with Medical Practice Affiliations with Hospitals & Alternatives - NJICLE (2014-02-27)
- 3 Critical Steps for ASCs to Comply With Business Associate HIPAA Rules
- Health Plan Regulation, Medicaid Top List Of Issues for 2014 Amid ACA Uncertainty
- Clinically Integrated Networks Give Providers and Payers an Opportunity for Transformative Collaboration
- Representing Physicians - Life Cycle of a Physician-Practice and Physician Integration Options
- Strategies for More Tax-Effective Physician Acquisition Transactions
- HIPAA Alert - Caution! Deadline is September 23, 2013