Karin Sage - Commercial Litigation Attorney
New Jersey, 2007
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2007
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2017
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2007
Order of the Coif
The Judge Lawrence A. and Virginia C. Whipple Memorial Scholarship recipient, 2005
B.A., Villanova University, 2000
Karin K. Sage is a shareholder of the Business Litigation team at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. She represents large corporations, and small to mid-sized law firms in complex commercial disputes, fiduciary litigation, and legal malpractice defense. Her experience also includes high-stakes litigation arising out of breaches of contract and covenants not-to-compete, buy-out disputes, shareholder claims, issues of fraud, and commercial estate/probate litigation. Business litigation matters require expedient and economical strategies, and Ms. Sage draws on nearly a decade’s worth of notable success representing clients at all levels of New Jersey state and federal courts, along with trying cases before the Disciplinary Review Board of the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Ms. Sage’s track record for speedy resolutions includes early settlements of breaches of contract and covenants not-to-compete, along with winning dispositive motions on legal malpractice claims.
“My practice often involves high-stakes, personal and business interests that are significantly advanced by a trial-ready mentality. My goal is to bring disputes to a successful outcome early in the litigation process, and my added value is in thoughtful and committed communications with the client, detailing the steps we are taking and addressing any of their inescapable concerns.”
Ms. Sage is also committed to upholding the legal profession, and has been appointed to serve as a member of the District Ethics Committee by the New Jersey Supreme Court. In 2015, she was appointed trustee of the Ocean County Bar Association, where she earlier acted as the Young Lawyer Liaison.
As a result of her legal accomplishments and service in Ocean County, Ms. Sage was awarded the Ocean County Bar Association Young Lawyer Award in 2014. She has also been selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers® -“Rising Stars” since 2013. Super Lawyers is published by Thomson Reuters. A description of their selection process can be found in the respective links above. The aforementioned organizations are private peer review organizations, not court specific public certification vehicles. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Sage was a judicial clerk for the Hon. Vincent J. Grasso, Assignment Judge of the New Jersey Superior Court, as well as an intern for the Hon. James R. Zazzali, Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court, and the Hon. James D. Clyne, Presiding Judge, Chancery Division of the New Jersey Superior Court.
- Ocean County Bar Association, December 5, 2017, “Protecting Yourself From Legal Malpractice in the Age of Technology” (Speaker)
- Ocean County Bar Association, November 2, 2017, “Ethics & Professionalism Seminar” (Speaker)
- Middlesex County Bar Association - 12th Annual Practice Area Awards General Membership Dinner Meeting, “How to Avoid & Defend a Legal Malpractice Case,” March 2017 (Speaker)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA) 2016 Annual Convention, “Inside the New Complex Business Litigation Program for the New Jersey Superior Court,” May 2016
- Ocean County Bar Association - Ethics/Legal Malpractice Defense Seminar, May 2016
- NJSBA Dispute Resolution Section & Business & Commercial Litigation Committee CLE Dinner Meeting, “One Year Later: The Business Court,” January 2016
- Ocean County Bar Association – Civil Practice Committee Seminar: Dispositive Motions, Order To Show Cause and the Complex Business Litigation Program, December 2015
- Ocean County Bar Association – Civil Practice Committee Discovery Seminar, September 2013
- “Inside the New Complex Business Litigation Program for the New Jersey Superior Court”, Association of Corporate Counsel Newsletter, October 2015
- Stronger NJ Business Loan Program – Helping New Jersey Small Businesses Rebuild and Recover Post-Superstorm Sandy, Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. Newsletter, July 2013