Karin Sage - Commercial Litigation Attorney
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2007
Order of the Coif
The Judge Lawrence A. and Virginia C. Whipple Memorial Scholarship recipient, 2005
B.A., Villanova University, 2000
Karin K. Sage is an associate with Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A. practicing in the area of commercial litigation. Ms. Sage practices and appears in both New Jersey state and federal courts.
Ms. Sage has handled a wide variety of business litigation matters. She focuses her practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation and disputes involving fiduciary duties, legal malpractice defense, shareholder derivative actions, contracts, fraud, and estate/probate litigation.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Sage was a judicial clerk for the Hon. Vincent J. Grasso, Assignment Judge of the New Jersey Superior Court, as well as an intern for the Hon. James R. Zazzali, Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court, and the Hon. James D. Clyne, Presiding Judge, Chancery Division of the New Jersey Superior Court.
Ms. Sage is also committed to servicing the legal profession. She has been appointed to serve as a member of the District Ethics Committee by the New Jersey Supreme Court. Ms. Sage is also actively involved with the Ocean County Bar Association where she acted as the Young Lawyer Liaison in 2014 and was appointed Trustee in 2015.
As a result of her legal accomplishments and service in Ocean County, Ms. Sage was awarded the Ocean County Bar Association Young Lawyer Award in 2014. She has also been selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers®-“Rising Stars” in 2013-2017. Super Lawyers is published by Thomson Reuters. A description of their selection process can be found in the respective link above. The aforementioned organization is a private peer review organization, not a court specific public certification vehicle. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA) 2016 Annual Convention, “Inside the New Complex Business Litigation Program for the New Jersey Superior Court,” May 19, 2016
- Ocean County Bar Association - Ethics/Legal Malpractice Defense Seminar, May 2, 2016
- NJSBA Dispute Resolution Section & Business & Commercial Litigation Committee CLE Dinner Meeting, “One Year Later: The Business Court,” January 26, 2016
- Ocean County Bar Association – Civil Practice Committee Seminar: Dispositive Motions, Order To Show Cause and the Complex Business Litigation Program, December 7, 2015
- Ocean County Bar Association – Civil Practice Committee Discovery Seminar, September 26, 2013
- “Inside the New Complex Business Litigation Program for the New Jersey Superior Court”, Association of Corporate Counsel Newsletter, October 2015
- Stronger NJ Business Loan Program – Helping New Jersey Small Businesses Rebuild and Recover Post-Superstorm Sandy, Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. Newsletter, July 2013