Peter R. Herman - Banking and Financial Services Attorney in NJ
New York, 1986
New Jersey and The U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1986
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1985
B.A., St. Joseph's University, 1982
Mr. Peter R. Herman is a Shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A., Co-chair of the firm’s Banking and Financial Services group and a member of its Cannabis Law team. For over 30 years, he has represented both lending institutions and business entities in a broad range of commercial finance transactions, including those related to secured and unsecured lending, asset-based lending, letters of credit, tax-exempt financing, syndicated and club transactions, mezzanine financing, participations, construction financing, merger and acquisition financing, sponsor deals, and loan workout restructuring. Mr. Herman’s banking and corporate law practice also includes representing companies in the real estate, healthcare, manufacturing, and service industries with regard to both national and international transactions.
Mr. Herman is a member of the Board of Directors of the New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA), Banking Law Section, and a past chair of the Financial Transactions Committee, Banking Law Section. He is also a member of the Middlesex County Bar Association, the Garden State Credit Associates, the Commercial Finance Association, and the Turnaround Management Association. Mr. Herman is President and on the Board of Governors of the Northern New Jersey Chapter of the Risk Management Association.
Since 2004, Mr. Herman has been consistently selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Banking and Finance Law. In addition, he has been recognized as a leading finance lawyer by Super Lawyers. Best Lawyers in America® (http://www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx) is published by Best Lawyers in partnership with U.S. News & World Report. Super Lawyers (http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html) is published by Thomson Reuters. A description of their selection process can be found in their websites. The aforementioned organizations are private peer review organization, not a court specific public certification vehicle. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Representation of a national association of fertility clinics as outside counsel in connection with its partial merger with a global medical institution in the field of reproductive endocrinology, forming the world’s largest assisted reproduction group with estimated combined enterprise value of over $1 billion.
- Representation of a multinational financial institution in connection with a three tranche credit facility aggregating in excess of $150 million for a leading convenience store and gas station chain to fund its working capital needs and its acquisition of new facilities in New Jersey, New York and elsewhere.
- Representation of a full-service community bank with extensive branch network in preparing and negotiating documentation for a $23 million asset-based revolving loan and a $12.5 million equipment acquisition facility.
- Representation of a senior living community provider in connection with a tax-exempt and conventional credit facility aggregating in excess of $100 million.
- Co-author, “Desk Reference Manual for Nonprofit & Social Service Organizations,” 2013 third edition.
- “Negotiating Credit Documentation from Borrower’s and Lender’s Prospective: A Meeting of the Minds,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, Fall 2010.
- “Financing Medicare and Medicaid Receivable,” Physician Organizations Newsletter, Spring 1999.
- “Grading the Loan,” New Jersey Lawyer, September/October 1990.
Mr. Herman has been a speaker at the New Jersey Business Law Symposiums regarding Secured Transactions under the Uniform Commercial Code.
Area of Emphasis:
Asset Based Lending, Construction Financing, Letters of Credit, Equipment Financing, Tax-Exempt Financing, Healthcare Financing, Loan Participations, Loan Syndications and Mezzanine Financing
Financing relating to Sales and Purchases of Businesses, Formation of Businesses, and Acquisition and Mergers