Redevelopment Coordinated Services
As the state plan is implemented, more and more real estate projects are proceeding as redevelopment of urban and other previously developed sites. The firm is well situated to provide service in such projects. For more than 20 years, we have regularly provided our redeveloper and public redevelopment entity clients throughout New Jersey with access to many different types of law that are involved in redevelopment projects. Our experience puts us in an ideal position to anticipate and avoid legal problems as our clients proceed to face the challenges that redevelopment often involves.
Our Redevelopment Services
Attorneys from practice areas relevant to redevelopment operate as part of a cross-disciplinary team designed to be responsive to the many types of legal issues that arise in a redevelopment project. These services include (click on links to see the descriptions of the individual teams that participate in redevelopment projects):
• Redevelopment/Municipal: Area in Need of Redevelopment Designations, Preparation of Redevelopment Plans, Tax Abatement Agreements (See Redevelopment Team)
• Land Use: General Development Plans, Development Approvals and Permits, Redevelopment Plans (See Land Use/Environmental Team)
• Litigation: Redevelopment Agreement Disputes, Condemnation, Tax Appeals, Bankruptcy Matters (See Commercial Litigation Team)
• Governmental Relations: Interface with Governmental Entities such as: various Redevelopment Entities, New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency, Local Finance Board, Department of Community Affairs, Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (See Bonding and Commercial Real Estate Teams)
• Environmental: Brownfields, Waterfront Development Permits, Wetlands, Rulings & Permits, CAFRA, ISRA, LSRP and SRRA (See Land Use/Environmental Team)
• Public Finance: Tax Exempt and Taxable Bonding, Tax Increment Financing through Redevelopment Area Bond Financing Law (See Public Finance Team)
• Real Estate and Financial Services: Purchase and Sale Agreements, Title Review, Conveyancing (See Commercial Real Estate Team)
• Corporate: Creation of Entities for Redevelopment Projects
Many team members are recognized for their expertise in their respective field of practice and frequently lecture and teach for entities such as the Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) and at meetings of industry and trade organizations, such as the American Planning Association, New Jersey Future Redevelopment Conference, New Jersey Bar Association, Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Counselors of Real Estate, Urban Land Institute, New Jersey Builders Association, American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Georgetown University Law Center Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute and a training program for housing authority commissioners and executive directors sponsored by Rutgers University and the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.