Tuesday, March 29, 2022 9:00 AM to 12:35 PM
Wilentz Shareholder and Litigation practice Chair Edward T. Kole will join a distinguished panel of New Jersey Superior Court judges and regarded attorneys at the NJICLE webinar “The Crossover between Chancery and Business Court: Does your case belong in Chancery? Does your case belong in Law Division?” The panelists will discuss the state’s Chancery Division and Complex Business Litigation Program and examine the circumstances under which a case must be filed in one court over the other.
The program agenda includes:
- Choice of Forum: General Equity or Complex Business Litigation Program?
- Case management: Case Management Conference orders, discovery, experts, mediation, settlement conferences with the court
- Trial Preparation, Motions, Trial in each part, Judge vs. Jury, Settlement concerns
- What cases are heard in Chancery Court?
- Which cases should be part of the Complex Business Litigation program?
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.0 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 4.0 qualify as hours of credit toward certification in civil trial law.