Thursday, November 16, 2023 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Wilentz Shareholders and real estate attorneys David S. Gordon will moderate the NJICLE’s annual "Advanced Topics in Commercial Leasing: 2023," Christopher Hopkins, Program Co-Planner, will present during the program along with David Stein, shareholder and co-chair of the Banking and Financial Services group and Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights group. Christopher Hopkins will speak on Smart Building Technologies / AI issues in Leases. David Stein will present on Bankruptcy Effects on Landlords and Tenants. The seminar will cover a cross-section of topics that appear in commercial real estate leasing transactions, such as climate change issues and landlord defaults. The seminar will also cover the new Corporate Transparency Act regulations and provide a state of the market analysis.
The program agenda includes:
- Climate Change Issues: New Flood Hazard Rules disclosure requirements in leases and sales contracts; New Flood Hazard Rules; Top Ten Solar Issues in Leases
- Landlord Defaults/SNDAs/Estoppels
- Bankruptcy- effects on Landlord and Tenant
- The new Federal Corporate Transparency Act
- Smart Building Tech / AI Issues
- State of the Market
- I LOL'Ed: Inclusive Leadership of Lawyers Education
NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 8.8 hours of total CLE credit, including 2.4 in Diversity (Full Credits Available: NJ Advanced Diversity: 1.2, NJ Beginner Diversity: 1.2, NJ General: 6.4).