John Anzalone is a trial lawyer and co-chair of the Personal Injury team at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. He has been litigating personal injury matters for over 20 years and has handled over 1,000 cases. Since receiving his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1996, John has devoted his professional practice solely to representing individuals who have suffered personal injuries due to motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, dangerous products, nursing home negligence, industrial incidents, premises liability, Maritime accidents, and railroad accidents (FELA).
John has settled or obtained verdicts on behalf of injured and disabled individuals totaling more than $50 million. Throughout his career he has been successful in recovering the full value of what his clients deserved and has achieved multiple awards in excess of $1 million in counties all over the State of New Jersey. Many respected attorneys in New Jersey and New York continue to refer complex and significant cases to him because of his skills and experience in motor vehicle, products liability and FELA matters.
In connection with FELA matters, John represents workers from New Jersey Transit, Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) and Amtrak who have been injured as a result of the railroad’s negligence in providing them with a safe workplace. He has successfully pursued these matters in both state and federal district courts, recovering millions of dollars on behalf of railroad workers.
John has been ranked by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of the top 40 attorneys under the age of 40. He has been selected for inclusion to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has been repeatedly named as a “Rising Star” by New Jersey Super Lawyers.
Automobile and Truck Accident Claim Cases
- $5.0 Million global recovery for two occupants of an automobile struck by a garbage truck
- $4.1 Million settlement for young woman suffering from fractures of the ankle, wrist and leg as a result of a collision with a truck
- $3.5 Million recovery for pedestrian struck by a bus who sustained brain trauma with resulting mild, short-term memory impairment
- $1.4 Million recovery for 52 year-old woman who required a two-level spine fusion for herniated discs caused when her car was struck in the rear in automobile accident
- $975,000 settlement for a woman who sustained two non-operated herniated discs to her cervical spine after her vehicle was struck by a military transport truck
- $580,000 recovery for a woman struck in the rear by a motor vehicle who sustained a concussion
- $485,000 settlement for woman who sustained knee injury requiring two surgeries from motor vehicle accident
- $300,000 settlement for bicyclist who lost tip of his finger in a motor vehicle accident
Motorcycle Accident Claims
- $1.5 Million settlement for motorcyclist who suffered lumbar fractures requiring surgery after being struck by a motor vehicle
- $1.3 Million settlement for motorcyclist who suffered thoracic spine fractures in a motor vehicle accident
- $1.2 Million recovery for a retired man who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury as a motorcyclist involved in a motor vehicle accident
Dram-Shop/Liquor Liability Claims involving Drunk/Impaired Drivers
- $1.5 Million recovery for a man who required lumbar spine surgery for injuries sustained when he was involved in a motor vehicle accident with impaired driver that had left a bar
- $1.25 Million settlement for a man who sustained multiple fractures of the spine in a motor vehicle accident caused by impaired driver who was driving from a bar
- $300,000 recovery for young woman who suffered a broken leg in a motor vehicle accident caused by drunk driver who was overserved alcohol at restaurant
Wrongful Death Cases
- $1.2 Million settlement for family of unmarried construction worker who died from a defective barge that overturned
- $875,000 recovery from restaurant for family of unmarried man who was served alcohol while visibly impaired and died in a one car motor vehicle accident while driving home
- $850,000 settlement for wife of construction worker who died when a cement barrier fell upon him at construction site
Federal Employee Liability Act (FELA) Railroad Claims
- $1.1 Million recovery for railroad worker who sustained cervical disc and spinal edema injury from a trip and fall accident in rail yard
- $600,000 settlement for railroad worker who aggravated a prior neck injury requiring surgery of the cervical spine when he was injured by a defective tool/product.
- $350,000 settlement for railroad worker who sustained a bimalleolar fracture of the ankle after a slip and fall accident in rail yard
Product Liability Claims
- $1.5 Million recovery for a man injured when his arm was caught in a salt spreader machine
- $850,000 settlement for a woman injured when her hand became stuck in a nip point of an industrial machine
- $500,000 recovery for a man who sustained mild neurological injuries when exposed to toxic fumes from a degreaser product
Fall Down Cases
- $750,000 settlement for a man who sustained a lumbar disc herniation requiring surgery as a result of a slip and fall on ice on commercial property
- $875,000 recovery for a man who tripped and fell on property causing aggravation of his preexisting thoracic herniated disc
- $500,000 settlement for a woman who suffered a fractured ankle requiring open reduction surgery following a slip and fall on ice located on commercial property
Nursing Home Claims
- $475,000 recovery for aggravation of existing knee injury for nursing home patient that was caused to fall from shower chair
- $485,000 settlement for hospital patient that suffered a fractured hip from a fall when attempting to walk unassisted to bathroom
- $225,000 recovery for 90 year old nursing home patient who suffered a C1 and C2 vertebrae fracture from a fall when, without assistance, he attempted to walk to restroom
Medical Malpractice Litigation
- $450,000 recovery in medical malpractice claim against hospital for failure to monitor and properly set ventilator
- $650,0000 recovery for man who lost partial vision in his eye as a result of physician’s failure to properly diagnose eye condition
Results achieved in prior matters are not meant to be a guarantee of success as the facts and legal circumstances vary from matter to matter.