Peter Greenbaum is co-chair of the Corporate group and a member of the Health Law group at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. For over 20 years, clients from many business sectors have relied on Mr. Greenbaum’s skilled advice to bring their transactions from start-up and early-stage through maturity and exit.
In connection with his business law practice, Mr. Greenbaum represents businesses of all sizes and structures, including both private and public companies as well as family owned businesses, in a full range of business matters and transactions. Among other responsibilities, Mr. Greenbaum focuses on mergers and acquisitions, representing both buyers and sellers; entity formation and structuring, including stockholder agreements and joint venture agreements; employment agreements, consulting agreements and restrictive covenant agreements; and separation and dissolution issues. In addition, he has extensive experience with a broad range of business sectors, such as preparing and negotiating all associated contracts for the service sector; preparing distribution and manufacturing agreements for the manufacturing sector; and preparing licensing and development agreements for the software and technology sector, to name a few.
As a well-respected health care attorney, Mr. Greenbaum provides regulatory and corporate advice to hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physicians, professional practices, dentists, chiropractors and other health care providers and businesses. In this context, Mr. Greenbaum advises on corporate transactional matters in the health care space such as the formation and structure of healthcare entities, corporate practice of medicine issues, joint ventures, shareholder, operating and employment agreements, as well as licensure compliance. His work often involves analysis of federal and state statutes and regulations, including New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners regulations, New Jersey Department of Health licensing standards, HIPAA, fraud and abuse laws, anti-kickback laws and self-referral (Stark) laws.
Mr. Greenbaum is a member of the New Jersey State and Middlesex County Bar Associations and a member of the Health Law Section, Business Law Section, and Internet and Computer Law Section. He also serves as Director of the Edison Chamber of Commerce Board. He is a former member of the Board of Directors of New Jersey Lawyer (2005-2008).
Mr. Greenbaum is a frequent lecturer on behalf of the Woodbridge Chamber of Commerce and Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce, among other business organizations. He is also frequently quoted in many publications, including The Ambulatory M&A Advisor and Trenton Times.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Chambers USA, (Band 1, Healthcare) 2020; (Band 2, Healthcare) 2015-2019
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Business/Corporate Law, 2017-2020; Rising Star, 2006-2011
- Best Lawyers in America (Business Organizations including LLCs and Partnerships; Corporate Law; and Health Care Law) since 2012; "Lawyer of the Year," 2021 (Corporate Law) and 2020 (Business Organizations)
- New Jersey Law Journal Forty Under Forty, 2007
- Middlesex County Bar Association, Transactional Attorney of the Year, 2011
- The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, Top Healthcare Transaction Lawyers, 2015
Also of Interest
- January 22, 2021Paycheck Protection Program Simplified Forgiveness Application Released
- January 15, 2021Paycheck Protection Program Extended for Second Round of Financing
- October 7, 2020Peter A. Greenbaum and Grace D. Mack to Present on the Impact of COVID-19 on Healthcare Private Equity Transactions
- October 7, 2020New Guidance from Small Business Administration on Purchase and Sale Transactions Involving PPP Borrowers