Friday, February 12, 2021 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Wilentz attorneys Tracy Armstrong, Risa M. Chalfin and Douglas Watson Lubic will join a panel discussion at the New Jersey State Bar Association CLE webcast entitled “A Practical Guide to Buying a Business.” The webcast will cover the legal and business aspects involved in purchasing a small to midsize business, including strategies for working with buyers, opposing counsel, brokers and lenders; techniques for negotiating and drafting key contract clauses; procedures for getting the deal closed and minimizing risk for your client; and hot button issues than can affect the transaction.
Topics of interest include:
- Managing the Due Diligence Process
- Key Due Diligence Requests
- Brokers and Finders – Understanding their role and negotiating agreements with them
- Utilizing the Indication of Interest, Letter of Intent, and Term Sheet
- Accounting, Tax and Structuring Issues
- An in-depth Analysis of the Contract of Sale
- The impact of COVID-19 on Operations and Business Sales
- Closing and Conditions Precedent to Closing
- Employment-related Issues Including Employment Agreements and Restrictive Covenants
- Practice Tips
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 3.3 hours of total CLE credit.