Friday, March 11, 2022 9:00 AM to 10:15 AM
Wilentz Shareholder and Bankruptcy Co-Chair, David H. Stein will present “Bankruptcy from the Paralegal's Perspective” at the virtual 2022 Paralegal Educational Symposium hosted by the South Jersey Paralegal Association. The seminar is intended to advance the knowledge of new and experienced paralegals.
The discussion agenda includes:
- The client intake process, including retainers, the initial client interview, and client questionnaires
- Differences and nuances between Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Credit counseling requirements, and trustee reporting requirements
- Preparation of the Schedules and Statement of Financial Affairs
- Attendance at the Section 341 Hearing and Meeting of Creditors
- Bankruptcy discharge requirements
The South Jersey Paralegal Association (SJPA) is a voluntary, non-profit organization composed of paralegals, students, vendors, and sponsors who study and or work in a variety of areas in the legal field. SJPA members are dedicated to promoting the paralegal profession by networking, offering CLE classes, mentoring students, and educating the public.
CLE credits are approved for Paralegals who have earned the NJCP© Credential and RP© Credential from the National Federation of Paralegal Associations.