Angelo J. Cifaldi is President and Managing Director of Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A., leading all aspects of the firm’s practice and operations. He is also co-chair of the firm’s Mass Tort/Class Action and Cannabis Law groups.
A licensed pharmacist in New Jersey, Mr. Cifaldi focuses his practice on mass tort litigation and pharmacy administrative law. With regard to his mass tort and class action practice, during the past 38 years, Mr. Cifaldi has collected over one billion dollars for victims of:
- Asbestos exposure, including asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma
- Chemical exposure
- Environmental pollution, including ground water and air contamination
Mr. Cifaldi has practiced at the forefront of asbestos and environmental litigation for many years. He has won several successful single case recoveries, including $38.5 million and $17.5 million resolutions for the victims of a groundwater contamination and numerous multimillion-dollar recoveries for asbestos victims. He has also handled various pro bono matters, including most notably the representation of widows and relatives of the 9/11 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. Results achieved in prior matters are not meant to be a guarantee of success as the facts, and legal circumstances vary from matter to matter.
In his pharmacy administration practice, Mr. Cifaldi represents hundreds of pharmacies, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, wholesalers, and other healthcare providers in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. He is considered a leading authority on pharmacy law in New Jersey and has handled numerous matters and hearings before the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy, DEA, FDA, Medicare, and New Jersey Medicaid. A few of the many services he provides:
- New Jersey Board of Pharmacy Hearings
- Regulatory compliance audits, including site inspections
- Sale/purchase of pharmacy
- Licensing issues
- Medicaid/3rd party audits
- Federal and state compounding
- Mail order pharmacies
- HIPAA compliance
- DEA regulatory compliance/hearings
- Defend Against Medicaid/Medicare Fraud Charges, including criminal charges
- Wholesale licensing
Mr. Cifaldi has also been an Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy Law and Bioethics at Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers University for over 30 years. In addition, Mr. Cifaldi presents numerous continuing education seminars on pharmacy law-related issues for groups such as Rutgers University, New Jersey Pharmaceutical Association, Garden State Pharmacy Owners Association, Westchester and Rockland Society of Pharmacists, Pakistani-American Pharmacists Association, Indo-American Pharmaceutical Society, New York State Department of Health-AIDS Institute, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, and others.
In 2022, Mr. Cifaldi was named to the inaugural ROI-NJ Influencers: Law list, a list honoring the “most impactful lawyers across the state.” Among his peers, Mr. Cifaldi has been consistently named to the Best Lawyers in America list since 2006, including as "Lawyer of the Year" in 2015 and to the 2019 Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Plaintiffs list. He has also been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list in Class Action and Mass Tort categories since 2005.
Mr. Cifaldi is involved in civic activities as the chairman of the North Haledon Recreation Commission. He has held that position since 1983. He serves as the regional vice president of the American Amateur Baseball Congress. For over 30 years, he has also been coaching a team of college and ex-professional baseball players in the Met League, a summer baseball league in Northern New Jersey. He is a former Councilman and Council President of the Borough of North Haledon and continues to be active politically in Passaic County.
Also of Interest
- August 18, 2022The Best Lawyers in America Names 44 Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer Attorneys in 25 Practice Areas to 2023 List
- August 11, 2022Angelo J. Cifaldi Named to the 2022 “ROI-NJ’s Influencers: Law” List
- July 20, 2022Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer Elects Angelo J. Cifaldi as President and Managing Director
- March 17, 202228 Wilentz Attorneys Named to New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars 2022 Lists