Angelo J. Cifaldi is a shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman and Spitzer P.A., co-chair of the firm’s Mass Tort/Class Action group and the Cannabis Law group, a member of the Management Committee, and the firm’s vice president. A licensed pharmacist in New Jersey, Mr. Cifaldi focuses his practice on mass tort litigation and pharmacy administrative law.
With regard to his mass tort and class action practice, during the past 33 years Mr. Cifaldi has collected over one billion dollars for victims of:
- Asbestos exposure, including asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma
- Chemical exposure
- Environmental pollution, including ground water and air contamination
Notably, Mr. Cifaldi has been on the forefront of asbestos and environmental litigation. He has achieved several successful single case recoveries, including $38.5 million and $17.5 million resolutions for the victims of a ground water contamination, and numerous multimillion dollar recoveries for asbestos victims. He has also handled various pro bono matters, including most notably the representation of widows and relatives of the 9/11 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.
As to his pharmacy administration practice, Mr. Cifaldi represents hundreds of pharmacies, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, wholesalers, and other healthcare providers in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. He is considered a leading authority on pharmacy law in New Jersey and has handled numerous matters and hearings before the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy, DEA, FDA, Medicare and New Jersey Medicaid. A few of the many services he provides:
- New Jersey Board of Pharmacy Hearings
- Regulatory compliance audits, including site inspections
- Sale/purchase of pharmacy
- Licensing issues
- Medicaid/3rd party audits
- Federal and state compounding
- Mail order pharmacies
- HIPAA compliance
- DEA regulatory compliance/hearings
- Defend Against Medicaid/Medicare Fraud Charges, including criminal charges
- Wholesale licensing
Mr. Cifaldi has also been an adjunct associate professor of Pharmacy Law and Bioethics at Rutgers College of Pharmacy for over 30 years. In addition, Mr. Cifaldi presents numerous continuing education seminars on pharmacy law related issues for groups such as Rutgers University, New Jersey Pharmaceutical Association, Garden State Pharmacy Owners Association, Westchester and Rockland Society of Pharmacists, Pakistani-American Pharmacists Association, Indo American Pharmaceutical Society, New York State Department of Health-AIDS Institute, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, and others.
Mr. Cifaldi is involved in civic activities as the chairman for the North Haledon Recreation Commission. He has held that position since 1983. He serves as the regional vice president of the American Amateur Baseball Congress. For over 30 years, he has also been coaching a team of college and ex professional baseball players in the Met League, a summer baseball league in Northern New Jersey. He is a former Councilman and Council President of the Borough of North Haledon and continues to be active politically in Passaic County.
Also of Interest
- November 14, 2018 Understanding the Business of Medical Marijuana
- August 15, 2018 Best Lawyers Recognizes 34 Wilentz Lawyers
- May 17, 2018 No Legalization Yet, But 'Shift' Sees NJ Firms Firing Up Cannabis Practices
- April 25, 2018 Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. Forms Multi-Disciplinary Cannabis Law Group