As a shareholder of the firm's Criminal Defense group, James Trabilsy concentrates his practice in defending individuals charged with municipal court offenses, especially drunk driving charges. Mr. Trabilsy's practice involves all phases of municipal court, including pre-trial motions, trial preparation, trials, sentencing and appeals.
Although he represents people charged with all types of municipal court offenses, he specializes in representing people charged with drunk driving. He is an extremely experienced municipal court trial attorney, with an impeccable reputation. Because of his experience and trial skills in the area of drunk driving, he has represented a wide assortment of individuals charged with drunk driving throughout the State. His drunk driving clients have included lawyers, police officers, doctors, and even a judge.
Mr. Trabilsy became associated with the firm in 1981, after law school, and was made a shareholder in 1990. He has published an article, "Are There Any Defenses Left in Drunk Driving Cases" - Middlesex County Publications. He is a member of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - New Jersey, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Middlesex County Bar Association, the Somerset County Bar Association and the Monmouth County Bar Association. Some of his achievements include:
- Received the Municipal Court Practice Award by the New Jersey State Bar Association, 2021
- Selected for inclusion as a Lawyers of Distinction Member, 2022
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America since 2003; "Lawyer of the Year" in 2017, 2019 and 2021
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2006-2021
- Selected as a member of the Supreme Court Municipal Court Practice Committee, 2004-2015
- Received the Municipal Court Practice Award by the Middlesex County Bar Association, 2007