Our Employment and Workplace litigation team represents employees in the negotiation, mediation, arbitration, trial litigation and appellate litigation of all types of employment law matters. Some of the matters we handle include those arising from:
- Wrongful discharge, demotion, transfer, failure to hire/promote
- Discrimination (age, ancestry, disability, genetic traits, liability for service in the armed forces, marital status, domestic partnership, civil union status, national origin, nationality, pregnancy, race/color, religion/creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or other protected class)
- Harassment/Hostile Work Environment
- Disabilities/Reasonable accommodation
- Leaves of absence (family and medical, disability, workers' compensation)
- Whistleblower claims
- Retaliation claims
- Employee handbook issues
- Employment contract disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Severance agreements
- Wage and hour disputes (including misclassification, minimum wage and overtime issues)
- Union contracts/collective bargaining agreements
In addition to handling the variety of individual claims listed above, we also handle employment class and collective actions regarding violation of wage and hour laws.
Our practice group chair Maureen S. Binetti is the immediate past Co-chair of the Employment Rights and Responsibilities Committee of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association, and serves as a Bencher for the Sidney Reitman Labor and Employment Law Inn of Court. She is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney, frequently serves as a court-appointed and private mediator of employment disputes, and has been handling employment issues for over 30 years.
Our team is well known for our knowledge in all aspects of employment law and are frequent lecturers and authors on employment law topics affecting the business community. The complex issues surrounding this area of law require concentrated effort and expertise to keep abreast of day-to-day developments. The experience of our employment attorneys in New Jersey, combined with our firm's resources, enable us to practice at the forefront of employment law concerns.