Monday, April 20, 2020
Wilentz Health Law and Corporate Co-Chair Michael F. Schaff will present at the American Health Law Association’s 2020 Health Care Transactions virtual seminar entitled “Overview of the Deal Process: A Roadmap Through the Paper Jungle.” Mr. Schaff and his co-speakers will address the typical documentation and strategies involved in a healthcare transaction, including:
- Non-disclosure/confidentiality/evaluation material agreements;
- Letter of Intent/Term Sheet;
- Choosing the Appropriate Acquisition Model;
- Valuation and FMV;
- Due diligence;
- Typical contract provisions;
- Hidden risks of Boilerplate Provisions; and
- Controlling the process and managing expectations.
The annual program will also explore other business and legal trends and strategies involved in health care transactions, including how health systems and organizations can adapt, respond and survive during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and current health information technology issues in health care transactions.