Tuesday, October 27, 2020 9:00 AM to 10:40 AM
Wilentz Shareholder Willard C. Shih, member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Civil Practice Committee, will moderate and present at the NJICLE webcast “The Latest on Motions in Limine,” covering best practices involving in limine motions in light of the recent rule change to Rule 4:25-8. Mr. Shih will be joined by New Jersey Supreme Court Judge Hon. Rosemary E. Ramsay, PJCv, civil litigator Amos Gern, Esq., and NJSBA Past President Robert B. Hille, Esq.
Topics of interest include:
- The definition of motion in limine
- The 2020 rule change and its impact on practice
- Timing considerations for filing
- Content and filing requirements for the motion
- Strategies for filing
- How the Court reacts to the filing of an in limine motion
- Differences between motions in limine in state and federal court
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 2.0 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 2.0 qualify as hours of credit toward certification in civil trial law.