Wednesday, October 28, 2020 9:00 AM to 4:10 PM
Wilentz Shareholder Michael F. Schaff, co-chair of the Health Law and Corporate practice groups, will present at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute webcast “A Day on Health Law 2020,” covering the latest updates in health law, including in connection with recent False Claim Act cases, value-based contracts, and attorney-client privilege in compliance investigations.
During the “How to Manage Physician Expectations of Private Equity Investment in Medical Practices” panel, Mr. Schaff will discuss private equity investments in healthcare and their value for providers. Topics of interest include:
- PE business model - real world fact pattern case study
- Why are PE firms interested in medicine?
- What does the influx of PE mean for physicians and other healthcare providers?
- Review of typical deal terms in PE transactions
- Examine restrictive covenants and liquidating and exit rights
- Regulatory issues presented by PE deals
- Legal traps and how to avoid them
- Planning considerations