Saturday, March 26, 2022 9:00 AM to 12:45 PM
Wilentz Shareholder Willard C. Shih will present again at the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education's Legal Malpractice Update seminar. The annual program is designed to help attorneys navigate the developing body of law governing professional liability claims and to protect themselves from damaging claims. Mr. Shih will present on the topic, “Shifting the blame to others…,” addressing in what instances lawyers faced with claims should point the finger at other potentially responsible parties. Mr. Shih will join an esteemed panel that includes a former presiding judge of the New Jersey Superior Court, certified civil trial attorneys, and fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Other topics the panel will address include:
Other topics the panel will address include:
- The Cadre case: Whose responsibility is it to comply with professional liability statutory requirements? The attorney or the insurer providing the policy?
- Protecting yourself from your client
- Defending the Malpractice Claim: Moving to dismiss as premature or unripe because the underlying claim is still pending
- The dos and don’ts of expert reports in malpractice cases
- Legal malpractice demonstration - the case within a case
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.2 hours of total CLE credit, including 4.2 ethics/professionalism credits.