Tuesday, January 31, 2023 4:15 PM to 5:15 PM
Wilentz Shareholder and Co-Chair of the Corporate, Health, and Cannabis law practice groups, Michael F. Schaff will present “Private Equity’s Increased Interest in Health Care: How to Advise Medical Practices,” during the Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute 2023, hosted by the American Health Law Association in Orlando, FL. Mr. Schaff will discuss private equity’s increased interest in health care, and provide insight on how to advise medical practices and other health care providers.
The program agenda includes:
- The Private Equity Business Model
- Why are private equity firms interested in medicine?
- The typical terms of a Private Equity Deal
- Regulatory issues presented by private equity deals
- Legal traps and how to avoid them
- What does the influx of private equity mean for physicians and other health care providers?
- Practical advice and tips in advising clients
*Cannabis Law Disclaimer: Per federal law, under the Controlled Substances Act, marijuana is categorized as a Schedule I controlled substance. Possession, use, distribution, and/or sale of cannabis is a Federal crime and is subject to related Federal policy, regardless of any state law that may authorize certain marijuana activity. Compliance with state marijuana law does not equal compliance with federal law. Legal advice provided by Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. is designed to counsel clients regarding the validity, scope, meaning, and application of existing and/or proposed cannabis law. Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. will not provide guidance or assistance in circumventing or violating Federal or state cannabis law or policy, and any advice provided by Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. should not be construed as such.