Grace D. Mack is co-chair of the Health Law group and a member of the Corporate group at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. On the healthcare side, Ms. Mack serves as a trusted legal advisor to hospitals, physicians, professional practices, ambulatory surgery centers, laboratories, as well as other health care providers and businesses. She focuses on the business aspects of health care law in connection with a wide range of transactional, corporate, regulatory and governance matters. She also assists clients with the development and structure of hospital affiliations, joint ventures, and with issues related to Medicare and commercial reimbursement and audits.
In the business law area, Ms. Mack focuses on general corporate law and corporate counseling. She has significant experience in stock and asset acquisitions and sales. In addition, she has experience in drafting, negotiating and providing legal consultation and document review to business entities of all sizes.
As editor of the Health Law Check Up newsletter, Ms. Mack leads a team of healthcare and corporate lawyers who provide guidance to physicians and healthcare businesses on recent legal developments in federal and state laws and regulations affecting the medical community in New Jersey. The newsletter also highlights industry trends and developments and provides helpful tools and resources for medical professionals. Articles authored by Ms. Mack include:
- Proposed BME Telemedicine and Telehealth Regulations
- One Year Deadline for One Room Surgical Practices in New Jersey
- New Jersey Health Care Providers Beware: How the NJ Attorney General’s New Rules May Affect You
- NJ Human Trafficking Prevention, Protection and Treatment Act
- Understanding the New Jersey Telemedicine Law
- WARNING: New York Percentage Billing Arrangements Under Attack
- New Jersey Out-Of-Network Update
- Spotlight on New Jersey Telemedicine Law Update
- CMS Finally Publishes the Final Rule on Returning Medicare Overpayments
- NJ Project Medicine Drop
- SURPRISE!!! The NJ Out-Of-Network Consumer Protection, Transparency, Cost Containment and Accountability Act Goes Forward and Stalls
- Introducing Stark Phase V
- OIG Issues Alert on Physician Compensation and Medical Director Arrangements
Deeply involved in the legal education of healthcare practitioners, Ms. Mack has lectured extensively on the legal challenges impacting physicians, ambulatory surgery centers and accountable care organizations at the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education and other industry organizations, including the New Jersey Medical Group Association, the Healthcare Financial Management Association, and the New Jersey Association of Mental Health & Addiction Agencies. Ms. Mack also contributes to prominent publications of the American Health Lawyers Association, including the 2019 Health Law Watch, Representing Physicians Handbook, and The ACO Handbook.
Widely recognized among the top healthcare attorneys in New Jersey, Ms. Mack has been ranked by Chambers USA since 2017. Chambers sources describe her as a "very experienced” healthcare attorney, noting her work with a broad range of healthcare providers in connection with transactional, regulatory and corporate governance matters. In addition, she has been consistently included in New Jersey Super Lawyers in Health Law since 2011 and among the "Top 100" lawyers in 2019 and "Top 50 Women" since 2018.
Also of Interest
- September 24, 2019Wilentz Attorneys to Present at Surgery Center Coalition 7th Annual Compliance Conference
- June 14, 2019Grace Mack to Present at New Jersey Association of Mental Health & Addiction Agencies on Telemedicine
- June 13, 2019Private Equity Investment in Health Care
- June 11, 2019Grace Mack to Present at Surgery Center Coalition Meeting on Ambulatory Surgery Center Compliance