Friday, February 7, 2020 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick, New Jersey
Wilentz real estate and redevelopment attorney Anne S. Babineau has organized and will moderate the NJICLE Annual Redevelopment Law Institute, a full day conference designed for redevelopment practitioners, financial consultants, government members and other professionals working on redevelopment projects statewide. Topics to be addressed at the conference include:
- Redevelopment Law criteria amendment designed to make it easier to rejuvenate zombie malls and empty office complexes.
- Lessons learned from the Opportunity Zones program over the last year.
- New Jersey’s Land Bank statute as a tool to market and encourage reuse of abandoned property.
- Some regulatory taking claims now proceeding immediately to federal court following the Supreme Court’s decision of Knick v. Scott.
- What to do when your redevelopment project has to be resilient. Wilentz Environmental Chair Lawrence F. Jacobs will lead discussion of this topic.
- Using redevelopment for implementation of Affordable Housing Settlements.
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 7.1 hours of total CLE credit.