Tuesday, June 8, 2021 9:50 AM
Wilentz Shareholder and Corporate Practice Co-Chair Peter A. Greenbaum will present “Negotiating Indemnification, Reps and Warranties in New Jersey,” as a part of the National Business Institute’s virtual seminar, “Real-World, Practical Negotiation Strategies That Really Work.” Among other topics, Mr. Greenbaum will identify common mistakes that impact the value of a business and offer practical tips to maximize the valuation during the time of purchase and sale.
Topics will include:
- Failing to Retain Experienced Advisors
- Failing to Understand Client Goals
- Failing to Understand the Due Diligence Process
- Use of Letter of Intent
- Reviewing Tax Implications
- Valuation and Financial Considerations
- Collateral and Payment Terms
- Failing to Understand the Restrictive Covenants
- Reps and Warranties; Indemnification
- Client Relations
- Drafting Tips
The National Business Institute is an industry leading CLE provider for attorneys across the country. This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 7.20 hours of total CLE credit, out of which 1.2 qualify as hours of ethics/professionalism.