Thursday, November 11, 2021 10:50 AM to 12:20 PM
Wilentz Shareholder Lynne M. Kizis, co-chair of the Mass Tort/Class Action team, will join a distinguished panel of attorneys and judges at The George Washington University Law School’s Second Annual Class Action Case Law and Practices Review Conference to present “Attorney’s Fee Awards in Consumer Fraud Cases and No-Injury Class Actions.” Ms. Kizis and her co-panelists will examine changes that have arisen in case law and practice during the past year with the goal to develop the best practices to address the identified class-action case-management problems.
The discussion agenda includes:
- Alleged Statutory Privacy-Rights Violations Class Actions
- Early Vetting of and Motions to Strike Discrete Class-Action Allegations
- Judicial Consideration of Lead Plaintiffs' Ex Ante Fee Agreements and Parties' Fee Agreements
- Cy Pres Awards – Phoenix-Like Reemergence and Allocation of Interest Accruing on Undistributed Settlement Funds
- Review of the Proposed Best Practices from 2020 Class-Action Conference
CLE credit will be applied for New Jersey. Attorneys will receive a Certificate of Attendance and a completed Uniform Application for Accreditation form after the conference in order to submit CLE hours.