Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Wilentz Shareholder Daniel S. Bernheim of was a presenter for the National Business Institute's program “Advance Business Contracts: Secrets Only the Top Attorneys Know.” Mr. Bernheim’s presentation was from the perspective of a commercial litigator, titled “Evading Enforceability Issues and Effectively Negotiating Conditions.”
Specifically, the presentation focused on Integration clauses, Severability clauses, Confidentiality clauses, Non-Compete clauses, and liquidated damages. Mr. Bernheim outlined how these particular contract clauses are interpreted by the courts and some considerations to be given when drafting agreements continuing these provisions to avoid common pitfalls.
The program agenda also includes:
- Sophisticated Negotiation Strategies: Secrets Only the Great Lawyers Know
- Complex Contract Dispute Issues and Remedies
- Covering Your Tail and Strategically Negotiating Risk: Indemnification, Limitations of Liability, and Insurance
- The Refined Art of Bargaining Price, Adjustments, and Payment in Agreements
- Ethics for the Contract Attorney
This program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 6.00 hours of total CLE credit, including 1.00 for Ethics.