Daniel S. Bernheim, 3d, Managing Shareholder of the firm’s Philadelphia office since 2007 and member of the Management Committee, is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Villanova University School of Law in 1980. In 1993, he was one of the nation's first to obtain an LL.M. in Trial Advocacy from Temple University School of Law.
Mr. Bernheim handles complex commercial matters including shareholder oppression disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, wrongful discharge from employment. He has represented financial institutions and other law firms in creditors’ rights, negotiable instruments and consumer financing matters in state and federal court in Pennsylvania and other jurisdictions, including U.S. tax court and bankruptcy court. Mr. Bernheim is also retained as an expert witness in professional liability matters and wrongful use of civil proceedings.
Lectures and Seminars:
- Business Contracts: Preparing Representations and Warranties, National Business Institute, October 2019
- Civil Trials: Winning Cross Examination and Direct Testimony Techniques, National Business Institute, April 2019
- Recent Developments in Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2015
- Deal Documents in Litigation, Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2011, 2013, 2015
- Pennsylvania Collection Law, National Business Institute, 2010
- Predatory Lending, National Business Institute, 2009
- Collecting Debts: Tips and Strategies to Legally Get What You are Owed, National Business Institute, 2006
- Successful Judgment Collection in Pennsylvania, National Business Institute, 2002-2005
- Temple University School of Law Board of Visitors, advisory board to the Dean of the Law School, Appointed 2023
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Settlement and Discovery Master
- State Civil Judicial Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Supreme Court Rules Subcommittee for Confession of Judgment
- Expert Witness for Professional Liability Claims
- Named to Pennsylvania and Delaware Super Lawyers, 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2011-2023
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers list 2008 National Corporate Counsel
- Philadelphia VIP’s Chancellor Award 2001
Super Lawyers® (http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html) is published by Thomson Reuters.
A description of the selection process may be accessed via the above link. The aforementioned organization is a private peer review organization, not court-specific, public certification vehicles. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Pennsylvania State Association of Township Commissioners, Eastern Conference
- President, 2018
Lower Merion Township
- Commissioner, 2011-present
- President of Board of Commissioners, 2017-present
Montgomery County Township Commissioner Association
- President, 2016-present
Lower Merion Fire Department
- Board of Directors
Timber Trails Community Association
- President of Board of Directors