David H. Stein is a shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. and co-chair of the firm’s Banking and Financial Services group and the Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights group. Mr. Stein focuses his practice on lending, work-outs, commercial litigation, business reorganization, foreclosure litigation, asset recovery and judgment enforcement matters.
Mr. Stein has significant courtroom experience in the litigation of complex commercial matters, enforcement and priority of liens, claims and security interests and other matters affecting the debtor-creditor relationship. His clients have included banks, financial institutions, leasing creditors, creditors' committees, trustees, debtors, receivers, commercial landlords and purchasers of distressed assets.
Each year between 1997 and 2007, Mr. Stein was a contributing author of “Risks and Recoveries, Developments In Bankruptcy Law”, a Duane Morris annual publication.
- Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers since 2005
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America since 2013 for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; 2019 "Lawyer of the Year"
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in Bankruptcy/Restructuring since 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Certificate of Appreciation by the New Jersey Supreme Court in recognition for “Meritorious Public Service”, having served as a member of the District Fee Arbitration Committee of Essex County, NJ, 2010
- Certificate of Appreciation by the New Jersey Supreme Court in recognition for "Meritorious Public Service", having served as a member of the District Ethics Committee of Essex County, NJ, 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation by the Superior Court of New Jersey, Union County Vicinage, in recognition for "Distinguished Service", having served as a member of the Springfield Township Juvenile Conference Committee, 2001
- “Bankruptcy in Employment Litigation,” National Employment Lawyers Association, NJ Chapter, New Brunswick NJ, May 2017
- “New Jersey Ethics Procedures,” 18th Annual Hon. William H. Ginden Bankruptcy Bench-Bar Conference, East Brunswick NJ, April 2016
- “Recent Events and Notable Decisions in Bankruptcy and Cases of Interest to Commercial Lending,” OceanFirst Bank CLE Program, Toms River NJ, October 2015
- “Economic Forum V”, Edison Chamber of Commerce, Edison NJ, June 2013
- “Chapter 11 Bankruptcy – Key Strategies for Helping Your Clients,” New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Iselin NJ, November 2012
- “Economic Forum IV - What You Need To Know To Do Business Today,” Edison Chamber of Commerce and the New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce, Edison NJ, October 2012
- “Brokerage Case Law Update and Issues Relating to Grubb & Ellis Bankruptcy,” Woodbridge NJ, March 2012
Also of Interest
- August 21, 2020Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 36 Wilentz Attorneys in 20 Practice Areas in 2021 Edition
- May 19, 2020David H. Stein Re-Appointed as Trustee of Middlesex County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- April 24, 2020Chambers USA 2020 Recognizes Wilentz as Top Tier Law Firm in New Jersey
- March 31, 202036 Wilentz Attorneys Named to New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists