Donald E. Taylor is a shareholder in the Business, Commercial and Construction Litigation group at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. He is experienced in all areas of complex commercial litigation, including conducting many bench and jury trials in both State and Federal courts.
In addition to handling shareholder disputes, franchise, breach of contract, leasing, and restrictive covenant cases, a significant portion of Don’s practice involves representing owners, builders, developers and general contractors in connection with construction delay and defect litigation. His construction litigation practice extends to transition litigation matters and other lawsuits arising out of the construction of numerous types of projects, including condominium developments, residential communities and single-family homes, involving claims of alleged construction and design defects, subsurface deficiencies, project-related misrepresentations, building code violations and breaches of the Planned Real Estate Development Full Disclosure Act (PREDFDA) and other express warranties.
Recognized as a leading attorney in his field, Mr. Taylor was selected for inclusion in the 2022 list of Best Lawyers in America in the area of Construction Law and Litigation. In 2022, Mr. Taylor was designated by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney.
- Represented a large residential real estate developer in connection with a multitude of issues including: defense of design and construction defect claims in several transition litigations involving a mid-rise condominiums along the Hudson River including issues of alleged soil subsidence, water infiltration, HVAC capacity, code violations and warranty issues; defense of several design and construction defect lawsuits involving site issues and common areas in single family planned real estate developments; defense of claims of alleged inadequate replacement and deferred maintenance reserves; and defense of unit owner warranty claims.
- Represented a construction management company retained to oversee the construction of a multi-building condominium complex in northern New Jersey against allegations of design and construction defects.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of contractor against an insurance carrier that denied a defense for alleged construction defects based upon certain policy exclusions.
- Defended a municipal utilities authority against claims by a contractor based upon construction delays.
- Represented the purchaser of automated construction equipment that sustained lost profits as a result of design and assembly defects and breach of warranty.
Also of Interest
- August 18, 2022The Best Lawyers in America Names 44 Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer Attorneys in 25 Practice Areas to 2023 List
- May 4, 2022Narrow Amendment to Statute of Limitations May Have Wide Implications for Some Developers
- March 30, 2022Wilentz Shareholders Designated as Certified Civil Trial Attorneys by Supreme Court of New Jersey
- January 20, 2022Governor Murphy Signs Amendment To Statute Of Limitations Tolling Claims For Construction Defects Until Transition Of Control Of Planned Real Estate Development Associations