Peter R. Herman is a shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. and co-chair of the firm’s Banking & Financial Services group and the Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights group. For over 30 years, he has represented both lending institutions and business entities in a broad range of commercial finance transactions, including those related to secured and unsecured lending, asset-based lending, letters of credit, tax-exempt financing, syndicated and club transactions, mezzanine financing, participations, construction financing, merger and acquisition financing, sponsor deals, and loan workout restructuring. Mr. Herman’s banking and corporate law practice also includes representing companies in the real estate, healthcare, manufacturing, and service industries with regard to both national and international transactions.
Since 2004, Mr. Herman has been consistently selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for Banking and Finance Law. In addition, he has been recognized as a leading finance lawyer by Super Lawyers.
- Representation of a national association of fertility clinics as outside counsel in connection with its partial merger with a global medical institution in the field of reproductive endocrinology, forming the world’s largest assisted reproduction group with estimated combined enterprise value of over $1 billion.
- Representation of a multinational financial institution in connection with a three tranche credit facility aggregating in excess of $150 million for a leading convenience store and gas station chain to fund its working capital needs and its acquisition of new facilities in New Jersey, New York and elsewhere.
- Representation of a full-service community bank with extensive branch network in preparing and negotiating documentation for a $23 million asset-based revolving loan and a $12.5 million equipment acquisition facility.
- Representation of a senior living community provider in connection with a tax-exempt and conventional credit facility aggregating in excess of $100 million.
Also of Interest
- February 19, 2019 Wilentz Sponsors Risk Management Association’s Senior Executive Panel Event
- August 15, 2018 Best Lawyers Recognizes 34 Wilentz Lawyers
- August 14, 2017 Best Lawyers Recognizes 34 Wilentz Lawyers and 7 Lawyers of the Year
- August 14, 2016 Best Lawyers Recognizes 35 Wilentz Lawyers and 5 Lawyers of the Year