Peter R. Herman is a shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. and co-chair of the firm’s Banking & Financial Services group and the Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights group. For over 30 years, he has represented both lending institutions and business entities in a broad range of commercial finance transactions, including those related to secured and unsecured lending, private equity sponsored leveraged lending, asset-based lending, letters of credit, tax-exempt financing, syndicated and club transactions, mezzanine financing, participations, construction financing, merger and acquisition financing, and loan workout restructuring. Mr. Herman’s banking and corporate law practice also includes representing companies in the real estate, healthcare, manufacturing, and service industries with regard to both national and international transactions.
Since 2020, Mr. Herman has been ranked by Chambers USA with a Band 1 ranking. Since 2003, he has been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America list for Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law, including as "Lawyer of the Year" in 2020 and 2024 for Banking and Finance Law.
Chambers USA® (https://chambers.com/about-us/methodology) is published by Chambers and Partners.
Best Lawyers in America® (https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology) is published by Best Lawyers.
A description of the selection processes may be accessed via the above links. The aforementioned organizations are private peer review organizations, not court-specific, public certification vehicles. No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Results achieved in prior matters are not meant to be a guarantee of success as the facts and legal circumstances vary from matter to matter.
- Representation of a national association of fertility clinics as outside counsel in connection with its partial merger with a global medical institution in the field of reproductive endocrinology, forming the world’s largest assisted reproduction group with an estimated combined enterprise value of over $1 billion.
- Representation of a multinational financial institution in connection with a three tranche credit facility aggregating in excess of $150 million for a leading convenience store and gas station chain to fund its working capital needs and its acquisition of new facilities in New Jersey, New York, and elsewhere.
- Representation of a full-service community bank with extensive branch network in preparing and negotiating documentation for a $23 million asset-based revolving loan and a $12.5 million equipment acquisition facility.
- Representation of a senior living community provider in connection with a tax-exempt and conventional credit facility aggregating in excess of $100 million.
- Represented commercial bank as Administrative Agent with respect to a multi-million leveraged finance transaction consisting of a Term Loan, Delayed Draw Term Loan, and a Revolving Line of Credit. The financing was issued for general corporate purposes and working capital, as well as for the purpose of refinancing the seller's notes in connection with the institution of the borrower's employee stock ownership plan and corporate reorganization.
- Act as local counsel with respect to New Jersey and New York law in multi-jurisdiction transactions. As local counsel, we work with the client's primary counsel to ensure the transaction documentation complies with local law. Also, we are requested, as a condition precedent to closing the transaction, to render opinion letters in favor of the lenders, regarding, among other things, the enforceability and binding effect of the loan documentation.