Peter R. Herman is a shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. and co-chair of the firm’s Banking & Financial Services group and the Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights group. For over 30 years, he has represented both lending institutions and business entities in a broad range of commercial finance transactions, including those related to secured and unsecured lending, asset-based lending, letters of credit, tax-exempt financing, syndicated and club transactions, mezzanine financing, participations, construction financing, merger and acquisition financing, sponsor deals, and loan workout restructuring. Mr. Herman’s banking and corporate law practice also includes representing companies in the real estate, healthcare, manufacturing, and service industries with regard to both national and international transactions.
In 2020, Chambers USA ranked Mr. Herman among the top six banking and finance attorneys in New Jersey. Since 2003, he has been consistently selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law, including as "Lawyer of the Year" in 2020 for Banking and Finance Law. In addition, he has been recognized as a leading finance lawyer by Super Lawyers.
- Representation of a national association of fertility clinics as outside counsel in connection with its partial merger with a global medical institution in the field of reproductive endocrinology, forming the world’s largest assisted reproduction group with estimated combined enterprise value of over $1 billion.
- Representation of a multinational financial institution in connection with a three tranche credit facility aggregating in excess of $150 million for a leading convenience store and gas station chain to fund its working capital needs and its acquisition of new facilities in New Jersey, New York and elsewhere.
- Representation of a full-service community bank with extensive branch network in preparing and negotiating documentation for a $23 million asset-based revolving loan and a $12.5 million equipment acquisition facility.
- Representation of a senior living community provider in connection with a tax-exempt and conventional credit facility aggregating in excess of $100 million.
Also of Interest
- August 21, 2020Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 36 Wilentz Attorneys in 20 Practice Areas in 2021 Edition
- April 24, 2020Chambers USA 2020 Recognizes Wilentz as Top Tier Law Firm in New Jersey
- August 15, 2019Best Lawyers Recognizes 34 Wilentz Lawyers, 8 Lawyers of the Year
- February 19, 2019Wilentz Sponsors Risk Management Association’s Senior Executive Panel Event