Monday, June 21, 2021 12:00 PM to Tuesday, June 22, 2021 1:40 PM
Steven J. Tripp, Shareholder and Chair of the Land Use team, will co-moderate a panel of land use attorneys for the NJICLE’s “Advanced Topics in Land Use IX: Is it time for MLUL Reform?” The webinar will cover the shortfalls of MLUL and provide innovative concepts for reform from some of New Jersey’s most distinguished land use attorneys.
The discussion agenda will cover:
- What have we learned from virtual hearings and how do we reform the MLUL to make the benefits permanent?
- Is a legislative fix needed to remedy the Supreme Court’s decision in Dunbar Homes, concerning the “time of the application” rule?
- Do we need procedures for standardizing resolution compliance, with time frames?
- Is it time to revisit escrow reform?
- What adjustments to the MLUL are needed to respond to changing housing demands?
- Does “preliminary” site plan approval still exist and, if not, can anything be done to recreate it?
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 2.0 hours of total CLE credit.