Results achieved in prior matters are not meant to be a guarantee of success as the facts and legal circumstances vary from matter to matter.
For decades, Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. attorneys have been known for the representation of numerous elected bodies and appointed government entities. We are the go-to New Jersey firm when government entities require the services of general, bond, redevelopment, labor, and special counsel.
We served as general counsel to Middlesex County College for over 60 years since its formation in 1964. We represent and have represented state and local agencies. We have represented the New Jersey Turnpike Authority and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority. In addition, we currently represent school boards, municipal utility authorities, municipalities, redevelopment agencies, and improvement and facilities authorities, and we regularly advise municipalities regarding public right of way issues.
Members of our team practice before the Office of Administrative Law, as well as before various administrative agencies including:
State Departments, Divisions and Public Entities:
- Board of Public Utilities
- Casino Control Commission
- Banking and Insurance
- Commerce and Economic Development
- Environmental Protection
- Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
- Labor and Workforce Development
- Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Department of Community Affairs, including Local Government Services
- Election Law Enforcement Commission
- Professional Boards, Division of Consumer Affairs
- Sports and Exposition Authority
- The NJ Turnpike Authority
- Treasury (including the Division of Purchase and Property)
- Pensions and Benefits
- State Lottery Commission
- Health and Senior Services
- Labor and Workforce
- Banking and Insurance
- Real Estate Commission
- School Boards
- Redevelopment Agencies and Housing Authorities
- Utilities Authorities
- Parking Authorities
- Represented the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority (“NJSEA”) in negotiating the contract with New Jersey Transit Authority for the railroad extension from Secaucus to the NJSEA.
- Successfully defended the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority’s right to contract for the sale of alcoholic beverages on state property. See In re Xanadu Project at Meadowlands Complex 415 J. Super. 179 (App. Div.) certif. den. 205 N.J. 96 (2010).
- Assisted the New Jersey Turnpike Authority regarding promulgation of the agency’s ethics rules governing Authority personnel.
- Advised public clients on issues arising under State health insurance laws and under the State pension laws.
- Acted as special redevelopment and condemnation counsel to the Housing Authority and Urban Redevelopment Authority of the City of New Brunswick on various redevelopment projects, including the Hyatt Hotel Project, Golden Triangle Project, Kilmer Square Project, Riverwatch Project, Providence Square Project, HOPE VI Revitalization Project, Civic Square II, III and IV Projects, the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, Gateway Project and Wellness Center Project, among many others.
- Represented the New Brunswick Parking Authority on its Gateway and Wellness Center.