Monday, February 22, 2021 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM
Wilentz healthcare and corporate attorney Lisa Gora will present with Joseph M. Shapiro, Esq. the live webcast “Legal 101 for CPAs Serving Cannabis Clients,” hosted by the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA). The webcast will cover the federal and state laws and regulations governing the cannabis industry, as well as the legal and regulatory issues surrounding cannabis.
Topics of interest include:
- Federal prohibition, including the Controlled Substances Act
- New Jersey-specific issues, including the Jake Honig Compassionate Use Medical Cannabis Act
- Marketing regulations, including the FDA and Food Drug & Cosmetic Act
- Intellectual property
- Reorganization and liquidation
- Employment law, including anti-discrimination and drug testing
Founded in 1898, NJCPA is the largest professional organization serving the needs of Garden State CPAs and aspiring CPAs. The organization represents the majority of New Jersey CPAs in public practice, including business, government and education, through a variety of education, networking, leadership and volunteer initiatives.