Monday, November 30, 2020 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Wilentz healthcare and corporate attorney Lisa Gora will join a panel discussion at the NJICLE webcast “Hemp and CBD – Legal Implications and Regulations,” covering legal implications and regulations surrounding the hemp industry in New Jersey. Topics of interest include:
- "Cannabis" versus "Marijuana" versus "Hemp": What's the difference?
- Federal hemp legalization under the 2018 Farm Bill
- Emerging opportunities in the hemp industry
- Legal status of CBD, CBG, Delta-8-THC, and other Cannabinoids
- Current status of USDA and State Hemp Plans
- An overview of the New Jersey Hemp Farming Act (NJHFA)
- Obtaining hemp Grower and/or Processor/Handler licenses in New Jersey
- Regulations for cultivating, processing, handling, and transferring hemp under the NJHFA
- The USDA, DEA, and FTC; Who regulates what in cannabis?
- Marketing cannabis products to the public: GRAS, FDA Warning Letters, and FDA Enforcement Actions
- Helping clients avoid cannabis consumer class actions
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 2.4 hours of total CLE credit.