Paul H. Shur is a shareholder on the Banking & Financial Services group and the Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights group at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. He has 30 years of experience handling all aspects of commercial and financial transactions, and related litigation enforcing and defending creditors’ rights. Paul has represented an array of clients in various nuanced areas: secured lending, asset based lending, commercial finance, debt restructuring, sales and lease transactions, negotiable instruments, letters of credit, documents of title, real estate secured transactions and title insurance defense.
Keeping abreast of the the latest legal developments and case decisions affecting the law, Mr. Shur actively contributes his thoughts to the profession and the financial services community through articles and scholarly lectures. He has authored several articles for the New Jersey Lawyer, the New York Law Journal, the Uniform Commercial Code Law Journal, the Banking Law Journal, and the ABF Journal, on a wide variety of topics, including the regulations that govern the use of e-signatures and e-documents, commercial transactions, second lien financing deals, lending and loan participations. Mr. Shur also regularly speaks at numerous seminars in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania and frequently presents at several conferences for the New Jersey Chapters of the Commercial Finance Association and the Turnaround Management Association as well as the New York Institute of Credit.
Paul is a Fellow of the American College of Commercial Finance Attorneys. Additionally, he serves as Vice President of Education to the Executive Board of the New Jersey Chapter Turnaround Management Association, and is a member of the Board of Directors of the New York Institute of Credit. He is also a Board Member Emeritus and Chair of the Banking Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and a member of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association. Paul has received numerous awards and recognitions, most notably for distinguished legislative service and special achievement.
Paul has been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America since 2007. Best Lawyers selected him as the 2017 “Lawyer Of The Year” in New York City and the 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” in New Jersey, for Banking and Finance Law. He has been selected for inclusion in the Chambers USA directory from 2009 through 2018, and has also been selected for the New York and New Jersey Super Lawyers lists since 2009.
- Represented a private equity lender in a series of financing transactions involving asset based loans and term loans that included real estate collateral in various states, regulatory collateral and inter-creditor issues for the purchase of various U.S. businesses.
- Represented a private lender in financing the purchase of a state regulated food service business that involved compliance issues, depository collateral, and state regulation for the protection of creditors.
- Represented title insurance company insured owners of real estate facing litigation over the disposition of two estates and estate claims involving undisclosed heirs.
- Represented title insurance company in defense of a claim arising from an alleged negligent search of title and disposition of marital claims.
- Represented an asset based bank lender financing a window manufacturer and resolved competing real estate claims and potential statutory lien law issues.
Also of Interest
- November 15, 2018 Paul H. Shur to Serve as Moderator and Panelist at Joint Turnaround Management Association and Commercial Finance Association Seminar Concerning Commercial Loans
- October 12, 2018 Wilentz Represents Rosenthal & Rosenthal in Asset-based Loan
- September 13, 2018 Paul Shur to Serve as Moderator at New York Institute of Credit Program
- September 12, 2018 Paul Shur to Launch Inaugural NextGen Lending & Restructuring Educational and Networking Event at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.