Friday, April 8, 2022 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Wilentz Shareholder and Chair of the Employment Law team, Maureen S. Binetti will present at the NJICLE “A Day on Evidence,” an annual full-day program designed to give litigators at all levels an opportunity to improve their evidence skills. The Honorable Joseph A. Turula, P.J. Cv., will open the program with a presentation focused on motions in limine, then followed by the topics of evidence derived from social media sources, admissibility of evidence in a live or remote world, and a demonstration to present evidence at trial. Ms. Binetti will provide perspective and advice, presenting “How the digital recording of (almost) everything has altered the landscape of credible evidence.”
The program agenda includes:
- Considerations for filing motions in limine that may result in the exclusion of expert testimony
- Common rules of evidence and current issues/rulings
- How to develop evidence from social media sources
- How to use medical records to your advantage at trial
- Admissibility of evidence in a live or remote world. What’s the same? What’s different?
- Document display demonstration
- Evidence and Ethics- Issues and dilemmas that arise at trial
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 6.3 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 1.0 qualify as hours of credit for ethics/professionalism and 6.3 qualify as hours of credit toward certification in civil trial law.