Angela M. Scafuri is a shareholder on the Family Law group at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A., concentrating on all aspects of divorce and family law. Angela works with clients whose needs lie in all areas of family law, including divorce litigation, mediation and post-judgment litigation. She regularly handles issues involving equitable distribution, business valuations, spousal and child support, custody and parenting time, domestic violence, pre-nuptial agreements and matrimonial settlement agreements. Prior to focusing her practice on family law issues, Angela handled complex commercial and insurance matters. Her background in commercial litigation has enriched her success in the family law arena, particularly as to effectively handling sophisticated equitable distribution and business valuation issues. An accomplished litigator, Angela always remains focused on her client's goals, and she is as comfortable in the courtroom as she is at the negotiation table.
Adding to her depth of practice, Angela is a court appointed mediator for both family and civil matters, and is a trained Collaborative Law Attorney. She is admitted to the roster of Mediators for Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases and to the roster of Civil Mediators for the Superior Court of New Jersey in New Jersey counties throughout the state. She is also one of the few trained mediators in New Jersey authorized to mediate cases that include a domestic violence final restraining order, in counties participating in the pilot program. In addition, she serves as a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist for Morris County, and volunteers her time for the New Jersey Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project of Morris County. Angela also devotes her time to our service men and women through the American Bar Association’s Pro Bono Military Project and has been the recipient of the Project's Outstanding Services Award. Her strong sense of commitment to her community is only matched by her commitment to her clients.
In addition to her clients, Angela is recognized as a leader among her peers. Angela has been named in the Best Lawyers In America in the areas of Family Law and Family Law Mediation (2018-2020). She has also been selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers (2009-2014, 2017-2019) and New Jersey Monthly lists. New Jersey Law Journal recognized her as one of the State’s “Top 40 Under 40” attorneys (2011).
Angela has been appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to the District XA Ethics Committee. She serves as President of the Family Law Section for the American Association for Justice, and as an Executive Board Member of the Family Law Section for the New Jersey Association for Justice. Angela also serves on the Executive Board of the Morris County Bar Association, where she is the Second Vice President. From 2018-2019, she served as Treasurer. Angela is a frequent speaker and author on a variety of topics, including family law, ethics and social media at local and national conferences and seminars.
- “Authentication and Admissibility of Electronic and Social Media Evidence in Family Law Matters,” New Jersey Lawyer, February 2018
- "Reasons Why You Don't Negotiate, Finalize and Put Through a Divorce All in the Same Day," LinkedIn, October 2016
- "Appellate Division Lends Guidance in Contempt Proceedings Where One Party Allegedly Threatened Custody Expert," LinkedIn, November 2015
- "Changing Times - Divorce, Children and the New Relationship," LinkedIn, August 2015
- “Tips for Young Lawyers: Privacy Issues in Discovery of Social Media,” ABA, August 2014
- “Industry Insights: Discovering Hidden Assets in Divorce,” NJBiz, April 2014
- “Negotiating Effective Search Terms Will Save Expense Later,” ABA, April 2012
- “The Perils of Silence in a Property Settlement Agreement,” New Jersey Law Journal, August 2011
- “Green Initiatives, Paper Reduction and E-Discovery,” New Jersey Lawyer, June 2011
- “The Call for Proportionality and Cooperation - The Federal Rules and Preventing E-Discovery Abuses,” DRI E-Discovery Connection, April 2011
Also of Interest
- October 18, 2019Angela M. Scafuri to Present on Data Ethics at Morris County Bar Association Legalpalooza 2019 Seminar
- September 19, 2019Angela Scafuri to Present Lawline Webinar on Ethics in Family Law
- August 15, 2019Best Lawyers Recognizes 34 Wilentz Lawyers, 8 Lawyers of the Year
- August 1, 2019Angela M. Scafuri to Present at NJICLE Family Law For New Attorneys and Paralegals